Articoli Web HL/House, occhio agli spoiler

« Older   Newer »
faby63
view post Posted on 20/7/2007, 08:46

:lol: :lol: :lol: !! Grande Moky!!! Grazieeeeeeeeee!!!!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 21/7/2007, 09:39

Ok, non è un articolo web, ma non i sembrava il caso di aprire un thread apposta per due frasette, così lo metto qua: è una piccola trascrizione di un'intervista a Emma Watson da Conan O'Brien dove si parla di Attori brit che imitano accenti americani. Conan ricorda che rimase basito dal fatto che durante la registrazione dello sketch di apertura degli Emmy (ve lo ricordate, Hugh interpreta House in versione str@nzissima che strizza addirittura i testico@li al poveraccio), Hugh parlò per tutto il tempo con l'accento americano, ma appena finito di girare, gli rivolse la parola con il suo accento originale, e Conan pensò che Hugh non stesse bene....

Ecco lo scambio di battute tra Conan e la Watson:

Emma: I don't know how well we pull off American accents though, so, you know... (non so quanto ce la caviamo noi inglesi con gli accenti americani...)
Conan: Hugh Laurie in...!
Emma: Actually yes! (ah be, sì)
Conan: Hugh Laurie in House!
Emma: I have to say, I've watched that a couple of times - amazing. (lo ammetto, l'ho visto un paio do volte in House, ed è stupefacente!)
Conan: I cannot believe that he's not from America! (non riesco quasi a credere che non sia americano!)
Emma: Amazing. And he is like quintessentially British. (Incredibile. Ed è a quintessenza dell'uomo brit....!)
Conan: Yes.
Emma: He's very, you know, very very British. (lui è veramente, veramente inglese!!)
Conan: I shot something with him for the Emmys about a year ago and he was doing the American accent the whole time and then I saw him later on and he was talking in the British accent. And I really thought: "this man is ill. He's schizophrenic." He's so scary talented. (ho girato una scenetta con lui per gli Emmy un annetto fa, e li mantenne l'accento americano per tutto il tempo, ma quando lo vidi dopo, lui parlava con accento inglese, e io pensai "quest'uomo è malato, è schizofrenico!!". Ha tanto talento da fare paura!!!"
Emma: No, very talented.

robyn511
view post Posted on 21/7/2007, 10:29

Era ora che se ne accorgessero che Hugh è grande! :wub: :P

grazie LO !! :WhiteHeart00: e Grazie Moky :AngelStar14: anche per le traduzioni che ci fate sempre!!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/7/2007, 09:14

Articolo su Hugh ai Fox Party!

Link

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/7/2007, 09:56

Sempre dal Fox TCA Press Party, un blog ha riportato un'intervista strappata a Hugh, veramente adorabile!!:

Link

ATTENTI! E' UN CIMITERO DI SPOILER! EVITATE LE PARTI IN ROSSO SE VOLETE RESTARE SPOILER FREE PER LA QUARTA STAGIONE!

July 24, 2007

"House" In Da House: Talking To Hugh Laurie

After Fox's "House" press conference yesterday, a few of us went up to talk to Hugh Laurie afterward, and he delivered a pretty stunning insight into the secret of making his cranky and misanthropic character likable.

He started in an unexpected place, then went somewhere great: "One of my favorite moments in 'Star Trek' is when Captain Kirk looks out over the vast cosmos and says 'The three most beautiful words in any language are-', and of course your heart sinks because you think it's going to be 'I love you' or something, and he says, 'Please help me.' What a fantastic idea, that vulnerability and need is a beautiful thing. And actually House is a character in need - of human contact and some kind of redemption - and I think that 'Please help me' aspect is an important element of the show."

That's the kind of moment that we come here to California to get, when we manage to tap the deep thoughts of the creative minds whose work keeps us watching television. Of course, it's not always like that. You can also scroll down the blog a little way to see a picture of Laurie on the bumper cars at the Fox party last night.

Here in this item, let's start with the news we all expected, that Foreman and Chase and Cameron will all be back this season, despite their hasty exits from the hospital payroll in last season's finale. "It so obvious that everybody is back, and we struggled with how to do this," executive producer Katie Jacobs said, looking down the line of the cast. "And the truth is, everybody is back eventually. And everybody is back having changed and having different capabilities. ... To sort of express the change, we were thinking, well, maybe just Hugh and Lisa and Robert would come out first..."

As the season opens, though, House's three acolytes are working elsewhere...

...and House is sifting through 40 potential replacements. Cheery guy that he is, he makes them all wear numbers, like marathon contestants.

As Jacobs explained it, "In the first episodes, House is alone and he is solving cases by himself. And Cuddy is pissed and (Wilson) thinks he is losing his mind. And Cuddy will insist, and eventually win, that he hire a new team. And he will do it in a very House-ian way. So essentially the truth is over the first episodes he's going to call in all the resumes on his desk, it's a very large number, I think 40, a large number, and we're going to see who survives. We're going to play a 'House' version of 'Survivor.'

"We were on the phone with Fox, and we said, 'We're going to kind of play 'Survivor' with 'House,' and they said, 'Don't you mean you're going to play 'American Idol' with 'House?'"

Someone asked Laurie about his Emmy nomination for best actor and how he found out about it.

"I was asleep in, well I wasn't asleep when I found out about it, obviously that would not be possible," he said, showing some of his old Fry and Laurie wit. "I was in bed and the phone rings and you know, you get a piece of news, and it's a very thrilling way of waking up. And I also heard at the same time that the show had been nominated (for best drama) and it was a happy day. Happy day. And you know we are still-"

"We are still happy," said Lisa Edelstein, who plays Cuddy.

"Still slightly happy, actually," Laurie corrected her. "It may not look like it, but this is us slightly happy."

Some asked if he felt slighted when he wasn't nominated last year.

"I didn't - I didn't feel - good Lord no!" Laurie said, looking appalled at himself anyway. "I mean no one has any right at all to ever feel slighted-"

"Or entitled," Edelstein suggested.

"-or entitled in any way to anything. I think any of us would agree that simply to be, first, actors who have a job; secondly, to have a job with other actors whose work they enjoy and respect; to be doing scripts that we adore almost to the point of reverence. It's actually slightly unhealthy, you know, these blessings are so manifold," he said. "Our cup runneth over so that we have absolutely no business expecting or being crabby if we don't get some particular cherry on top. We've already got so many cherries on top of so many cherries that one more cherry is - I've exhausted that metaphor."

Laurie was asked about what happened when his former comedy partner Stephen Fry turned up on Fox's "Bones" as a therapist.

"Well, it was an absolutely fantastic experience for both of us, actually, to be, I mean - after 20-odd years of working together to wind up 8,000 miles away from where we started in two trailers that were only 50 yards apart was a very peculiar thing and a very enjoyable thing," Laurie said. "And yes, we looked back at some very happy days and did talk about it, actually, as we always do, in a vague kind of way, we talk about reconvening and carrying on where we left off. I don't know in what form, but I hope one day we will. Possibly on a stage, actually, that's our next thought."

Someone then asked Robert Sean Leonard why his character, Wilson, puts up with the exasperating Dr. House.

"At the risk of spreading even more wildfire rumors, I don't see what's so unattractive about House," Leonard said. "Maybe I've just been playing Wilson too long. (House) is extremely self-effacing, he's extremely funny, he's brilliant, he's scathingly honest, he's incredibly candid. What don't you like about him? ... I'm not sure what people mean. he's shocking and he's bold and he can be unnerving. But as a friend, I would seek out someone like that, I think."

Posted by Joel Brown on July 24, 2007

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 4/8/2007, 16:55

Finalmente qualche notiziola sul riconoscimento ricevuto da Hugh dalla Regina....

Brit actor happy to play House

Hugh Laurie talks to a gathering of TV critics.

He uses words like “parsimony” and “equanimous” and “propinquity” but he’s not at all intimidating to talk to. He doesn’t lash out at children — not in public, anyway — he doesn’t bully underlings and he doesn’t hit anyone with a walking stick.

James Hugh Calum Laurie — Hugh Laurie to those who know him, and Dr. Gregory House to the 22 million viewers who watch House in any given week on Global TV and the Fox network in the U.S. and Canada — is actually a swell fella.

A 2007 Emmy nominee, a double Golden Globe winner and recipient of this year’s Screen Actors Guild Award for best male actor in a drama series, Laurie has every reason to be a stuck-up English snob, but he isn’t. Born in Oxford, educated at Eton and Selwyn College, Cambridge and a former champion rower (junior cox) for England’s national rowing team, he initially thought he might pursue a career in anthropology and archeology.

But then came a gig with the legendary comedy ensemble group Cambridge Footlights — a kind of Monty Python for upper-crust society ’nobs — and a close friendship with Emma Thompson and her pal Stephen Fry.

Laurie and Fry buddied up for A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Rowan Atkinson’s Blackadder series, before turning to more serious drama.

He auditioned for House on a home video while filming a remake of the 1965 Jimmy Stewart adventure film Flight of the Phoenix in Namibia. House’s Canadian creator, David Shore, and director Bryan Singer liked what they saw so much they tapped Laurie to play a character the Peabody Award committee would later call an “unorthodox lead character, a misanthropic diagnostician” treating “cases fit for a medical Sherlock Holmes.”

Now, Laurie’s old friend Emma Thompson would like in on House in a possible guest role.

Wit comes easily to him. That was evident at a press conference at last week’s summer gathering of the Television Critics Association, and later in a scrum with a dozen reporters, when he talked about being feted in May by the Queen. That was the real Queen — Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II — and not some fictional royal from Blackadder. Laurie was overlooked for an Emmy nomination last year, but he didn’t take it personally.

“You know, this is the natural ebb and flow of human affairs,” he said, deadpan. “No one has any right to ever feel slighted because one is never entitled to anything. I think all of us would agree that actors who have a job and, secondly, actors who have a job with other actors whose company they enjoy, while doing scripts they absolutely adore, have nothing to complain about. It’s actually slightly unhealthy. Those blessings are so manifold. Our cup runneth over, so we have absolutely no business being crabby if we don’t get a particular cherry on top. We already have so many cherries on top of so many cherries that one more cherry is — I’ve exhausted the metaphor.”

As for why there are so many British actors playing Americans on TV now, Laurie would only say: “I think it’s a mistake, myself.”

There’s a dialect coach in England, he says with a straight face. “Just one. In fact, he’s bought the most fabulous place.”

In just three seasons, House has experienced a meteoric rise in the ratings: It ranked 24th out of 115 primetime programs in its debut year, with 13 million viewers in the U.S. It jumped to 10th in 2006, with 17 million viewers, and again this year, to seventh, with 22 million.

Laurie thinks he understands Dr. House’s appeal.

“Though House may appear to be an abrasive and awkward and occasionally abusive companion, I think people are entertained by him. He is a game that is worth the candle. Do you have that expression over here, or are people just frowning at me? You don’t know? Okay. Dammit. How would Americans say that? He’s a character who is worth putting up with. First of all, the fact that he saves lives — that’s a pretty endearing quality. If you’re staring death in the face, it’s a very endearing quality. His honesty, his anarchy — I think these are attractive qualities, though possibly best seen at a certain remove. Maybe through a television, actually, may be the best way to view it.”

Laurie says he is still getting to know the character.

“I honestly don’t claim to know him well. That’s why I’m here; that’s part of the fascination, the not knowing. If one knew, if one could explain in a few sentences who this character is and what makes him tick, it would feel sort of glib, somehow. It would feel two-dimensional. Shallow, in fact. That’s three-dimensional, but very thin.”

When viewers last saw House, he had driven away much of his staff with his bursts of vitriol. They will all return during the coming season, though Laurie would not say when or under what circumstances.

Laurie was awarded an Order of the British Empire earlier this year for his services to drama. Queen Elizabeth II honoured him in person at a ceremony in May.

“I haven’t been honoured by many queens in my life,” Laurie said. “I don’t have many things to compare it with. I went to Buckingham Palace, and I wore a set of tails. I spoke to her for about 14 seconds, which I think that’s about all you’re allowed. Which I completely understand, because she has to do 100 people in an hour, and you’ve go to keep things cracking. But it was a big thrill, a huge thrill. Of course it was. I remember my son, my middle son Bill, saying you have to be so up yourself to turn that down, and I thought that was a very good response.”

Of course, had it been Dr. House himself, things might have turned out differently.

Asked if he were to spend a day with Dr. House, what they might do together, Laurie replied: “Probably not spend a day together.”

Fonte

ps: c'è anche un piccolo gossip sulla Thompson che vorrebbe apparire in House:

EMMA THOMPSON is desperate to land a role in U.S. series HOUSE alongside her ex-boyfriend HUGH LAURIE. Thompson, who is married to fellow British star Greg Wise, dated Laurie in the early 1980s and the pair remain close pals. And the actor is keen to have his former love appear in his hit TV series. He says, "She (Thompson) genuinely does watch it. It obviously goes out in a different season in the U.K. but she does follow the show and likes it very much and would love to be on it." But Laurie insists he won't use his celebrity status to command cameo appearances from his wide circle of celebrity pals. He adds, "Obviously I would never feel I was in a position to treat this as some sort of club, where I can have... 'Oh, just mention my name. They'll let you in.'"

view post Posted on 5/8/2007, 02:57

.... PUNCTURE!!!!! I WISH I WERE CARMEN ELECTRA..... zio Griss & My Baby forever!

Group:
Head of International Medicine

buonasera ragazzuoli!!! è tornato il translation corner!! sapete già come funziona... enjoy!
"House" In Da House: Talking To Hugh Laurie

After Fox's "House" press conference yesterday, a few of us went up to talk to Hugh Laurie afterward, and he delivered a pretty stunning insight into the secret of making his cranky and misanthropic character likable.

He started in an unexpected place, then went somewhere great: "One of my favorite moments in 'Star Trek' is when Captain Kirk looks out over the vast cosmos and says 'The three most beautiful words in any language are-', and of course your heart sinks because you think it's going to be 'I love you' or something, and he says, 'Please help me.' What a fantastic idea, that vulnerability and need is a beautiful thing. And actually House is a character in need - of human contact and some kind of redemption - and I think that 'Please help me' aspect is an important element of the show."allora, dopo il fox party, abbiamo incontrato Hugh, che ci ha aftto alcune interessanti rivelazioni.. sul come rende verosimile il suo personaggio. "uno dei miei momenti preferiti in "Star Trek" (si si si si la serie classica...sapevo) è quando il capitano Kirk guarda lo spazio infinitoe e dice: le tre parole più belle di ogni lingue sono... e tu ti sciogli perchè pensi che stia per dire "ti amo".. e invece dice "per favore, aiutami". Che idea fantastica, quella vulnerabilità e quel bisogno sono meravigliosi. E House effettivamente è un perosnaggio bisognoso- di contatto umano e di una certa redenzione- e io credo che quell'aspetto dell"aiutami" sia un elemento importante dello show

That's the kind of moment that we come here to California to get, when we manage to tap the deep thoughts of the creative minds whose work keeps us watching television. Of course, it's not always like that. You can also scroll down the blog a little way to see a picture of Laurie on the bumper cars at the Fox party last night.parlano, in breve, delle fotine sugli autoscontri... gghhh

Here in this item, let's start with the news we all expected, that Foreman and Chase and Cameron will all be back this season, despite their hasty exits from the hospital payroll in last season's finale. "It so obvious that everybody is back, and we struggled with how to do this," executive producer Katie Jacobs said, looking down the line of the cast. "And the truth is, everybody is back eventually. And everybody is back having changed and having different capabilities. ... To sort of express the change, we were thinking, well, maybe just Hugh and Lisa and Robert would come out first..." ATTENZIONE SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRR NON LEGGETE SE NON VOLETE SAPERE!! dunque dunque, cominciamo con la notizia che tutti aspettiamo: i paperi se ne sn iti alla velocità della luce.. però Foreman Cameron e Chase ritorneranno in questa stagione. E certo che torneranno! è ovvio che torneranno! dice Katie Jacobs, " e la verità è che alla fine, tutti tornaeranno. In modo diverso, con altri compiti,. ci stiamo solo scervellando sul come.. tanto che, per esprimere il cambiamento, pensavamo che (i primi a subirlo) potrebbero proprio essere Hugh, Lisa e Robert (come, non si sa..)

As the season opens, though, House's three acolytes are working elsewhere...

...and House is sifting through 40 potential replacements. Cheery guy that he is, he makes them all wear numbers, like marathon contestants.

As Jacobs explained it, "In the first episodes, House is alone and he is solving cases by himself. And Cuddy is pissed and (Wilson) thinks he is losing his mind. And Cuddy will insist, and eventually win, that he hire a new team. And he will do it in a very House-ian way. So essentially the truth is over the first episodes he's going to call in all the resumes on his desk, it's a very large number, I think 40, a large number, and we're going to see who survives. We're going to play a 'House' version of 'Survivor.' altro spoilerrrrrrrrrrrr cmq, come già sappiamo, la Katie Jacobs ci racconta dei 40 applicants, che porteranno un numero come i maratoneti, e che verranno eliminati in stile surivor

"We were on the phone with Fox, and we said, 'We're going to kind of play 'Survivor' with 'House,' and they said, 'Don't you mean you're going to play 'American Idol' with 'House?'"eravamo al telefono con la Fox e ci han detto: vorrete dire che farete un House versione "American Idol"! (perchè survivor va su un'altra rete!)

Someone asked Laurie about his Emmy nomination for best actor and how he found out about it.

"I was asleep in, well I wasn't asleep when I found out about it, obviously that would not be possible," he said, showing some of his old Fry and Laurie wit. "I was in bed and the phone rings and you know, you get a piece of news, and it's a very thrilling way of waking up. And I also heard at the same time that the show had been nominated (for best drama) and it was a happy day. Happy day. And you know we are still-" parliamo della noination all'Emmy. Come l'ha saputa Hugh?
"stavo dormendo".. beh ovviamente non nel momento preciso in cui me l'hanno detto.. ma ero comunque a letto (adoro quell'uomo fantastico :wub: ), e il tel ha suonato.. e insomma, è stato un bel risveglio... e poi ho saputo che anche lo show era stato nominato. Una giornata felice, proprio felice.. siamo...

"We are still happy," said Lisa Edelstein, who plays Cuddy.ancora felici

"Still slightly happy, actually," Laurie corrected her. "It may not look like it, but this is us slightly happy."abbastanza felici... magari io non lo sembro, ma siamo felici..

Some asked if he felt slighted when he wasn't nominated last year.si è sentito offeso lo scorso anno per la mancata nomination??

"I didn't - I didn't feel - good Lord no!" Laurie said, looking appalled at himself anyway. "I mean no one has any right at all to ever feel slighted-"chiiiiiii?? io?? noooooooooooooo e checcavolo nessuno ha il diritto di sentirsi offeso..

"Or entitled," Edelstein suggested.o in diritto di essere nominato

"-or entitled in any way to anything. I think any of us would agree that simply to be, first, actors who have a job; secondly, to have a job with other actors whose work they enjoy and respect; to be doing scripts that we adore almost to the point of reverence. It's actually slightly unhealthy, you know, these blessings are so manifold," he said. "Our cup runneth over so that we have absolutely no business expecting or being crabby if we don't get some particular cherry on top. We've already got so many cherries on top of so many cherries that one more cherry is - I've exhausted that metaphor."o in diritto ad avere qualcosa. Chiunque di noi ammetterebbe che già l'essere attore che lavorano, che lavorano con altri attori che rispettano ed ammirano, che recitano copioni che amano fino ad arrivare alla riverenza.. non è sano...è che tutte queste belle cose sono così tante... siamo talmente felici che non è possibilie essere offesi se non riceviamo sempre premi. Abbiamo già tante di quelle ciliegine sulla tornta che una sola in più.. ok basta con la metafora.

Laurie was asked about what happened when his former comedy partner Stephen Fry turned up on Fox's "Bones" as a therapist.Stephen Fry: che è successo quando è venuto in America a fare Bones x la Fox?

"Well, it was an absolutely fantastic experience for both of us, actually, to be, I mean - after 20-odd years of working together to wind up 8,000 miles away from where we started in two trailers that were only 50 yards apart was a very peculiar thing and a very enjoyable thing," Laurie said. "And yes, we looked back at some very happy days and did talk about it, actually, as we always do, in a vague kind of way, we talk about reconvening and carrying on where we left off. I don't know in what form, but I hope one day we will. Possibly on a stage, actually, that's our next thought."beh è stata un'esperienza assolutamente straordinaria per tutti e due.. beh essere dopo vent'anni-stranissimi- di lavoro assieme.. essere finiti a fare una cosa a ottomila miglia da dove abbiamo cominciato, a fare due TF a 100 metri di distanza l'uno dall'altro.. è stato strano.. e anche molto bello. "E si, abbiamo ripensato ai bei tempi, e ne abbiamo anche riparlato, e abbiamo parlato, come facciamo poi sempre, un po' in maniera vaga, anche di un possibile ritorno, riprendere da dove abbiamo interrotto. E magari a teatro.. è questa la nostra prossima intenzione

Someone then asked Robert Sean Leonard why his character, Wilson, puts up with the exasperating Dr. House.

"At the risk of spreading even more wildfire rumors, I don't see what's so unattractive about House," Leonard said. "Maybe I've just been playing Wilson too long. (House) is extremely self-effacing, he's extremely funny, he's brilliant, he's scathingly honest, he's incredibly candid. What don't you like about him? ... I'm not sure what people mean. he's shocking and he's bold and he can be unnerving. But as a friend, I would seek out someone like that, I think."hanno chiesto a RSL come mai Wilson sia amico "dell esasperante DR House". " a costo di mettere in giro altre voci, non vedo cosa ci sia di non attraente in House (neanche noi, se è per quello). Forse interpreto Wilson da troppo.. House è estremanmente schivo, divertende, brillante, sexy.. (ah no questa era la Stace che lo diceva..), onesto, e molto ingenuo (ammore..). Che cosa piò non piacere?? non sono sicuro di quello che intenda la gente.. è scioccante e spavaldo, e può essere inquietante. Ma come amico.. cercherei uno così.

Brit actor happy to play House

Hugh Laurie talks to a gathering of TV critics.

He uses words like “parsimony” and “equanimous” and “propinquity” but he’s not at all intimidating to talk to. He doesn’t lash out at children — not in public, anyway — he doesn’t bully underlings and he doesn’t hit anyone with a walking stick.

James Hugh Calum Laurie — Hugh Laurie to those who know him, and Dr. Gregory House to the 22 million viewers who watch House in any given week on Global TV and the Fox network in the U.S. and Canada — is actually a swell fella. James Hugh Calum Laurie.. bibim bibom, con 22 milioni di spettatori (e un picco di ventisette milioni e mezzo per words and deeds), è davvero un tipo in gamba!

A 2007 Emmy nominee, a double Golden Globe winner and recipient of this year’s Screen Actors Guild Award for best male actor in a drama series, Laurie has every reason to be a stuck-up English snob, but he isn’t. Born in Oxford, educated at Eton and Selwyn College, Cambridge and a former champion rower (junior cox) for England’s national rowing team, he initially thought he might pursue a career in anthropology and archeology.un po' di biografia: nato a Oxford, Eton, Cambridge.. potrebbe essere snob ma nn lo è...

But then came a gig with the legendary comedy ensemble group Cambridge Footlights — a kind of Monty Python for upper-crust society ’nobs — and a close friendship with Emma Thompson and her pal Stephen Fry.avrebbe potuto fare l'archeologo, poi invece è arrivata Footlights, la compagnia con Emam Thompson e Stephen Fry. I due si mettono insieme artisticamente e recitano in ABOFAL e BLACKADDER, prima di passare al drammatico<./b>

Laurie and Fry buddied up for A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Rowan Atkinson’s Blackadder series, before turning to more serious drama.

He auditioned for House on a home video while filming a remake of the 1965 Jimmy Stewart adventure film Flight of the Phoenix in Namibia. House’s Canadian creator, David Shore, and director Bryan Singer liked what they saw so much they tapped Laurie to play a character the Peabody Award committee would later call an “unorthodox lead character, a misanthropic diagnostician” treating “cases fit for a medical Sherlock Holmes.”<b>mentre girava il remake del "volo della fenice" ha fatto per il provino per House, e il suo personaggio è stato in seguito definito dal Peabody Award (committee, nn credo che un premio parli!)come "un leader non ortodosso, un diagnosta misantropo, che tratta i casi come fosse Sherlock Holmes

Now, Laurie’s old friend Emma Thompson would like in on House in a possible guest role.

Wit comes easily to him. That was evident at a press conference at last week’s summer gathering of the Television Critics Association, and later in a scrum with a dozen reporters, when he talked about being feted in May by the Queen. That was the real Queen — Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II — and not some fictional royal from Blackadder. Laurie was overlooked for an Emmy nomination last year, but he didn’t take it personally.ora la sua ex fiamma Emma Thompson vorrebbe fare House (avanti, c'è posto). spiritoso è il termine che più gli addice. Lo si è visto alla conferenza stampa la settimana scorsa per i TCA, e poi in un incontro con una dozzina di reporters, quando ha parlato dell'onorificenza che gli ha dato la regina. Ed era quella vera, Sua Maestà Elisabetta II, non quella fittizia, la Queeny di Blackadder (ricordiamo, Miranda Richarson, stupenda in BA II e poi apparsa anche nello speciale natalizio e in una puntata di BA goes forth). gli spettava la noinations per l'Emmy lo scorso anno.. ma poi sapiamo..

“You know, this is the natural ebb and flow of human affairs,” he said, deadpan. “No one has any right to ever feel slighted because one is never entitled to anything. I think all of us would agree that actors who have a job and, secondly, actors who have a job with other actors whose company they enjoy, while doing scripts they absolutely adore, have nothing to complain about. It’s actually slightly unhealthy. Those blessings are so manifold. Our cup runneth over, so we have absolutely no business being crabby if we don’t get a particular cherry on top. We already have so many cherries on top of so many cherries that one more cherry is — I’ve exhausted the metaphor.” nessuno ha diritto di sentirsi offeso.. con tutte ste ciliegine sulla torta..insomma vedi quello che ha detto sopra

As for why there are so many British actors playing Americans on TV now, Laurie would only say: “I think it’s a mistake, myself.” parlando di come ci siano tantissimi attori inglesi che fanno gli americani in TV.. dice: nel mio caso credo sia un errore

There’s a dialect coach in England, he says with a straight face. “Just one. In fact, he’s bought the most fabulous place.”c'è un dialect coach (quello che ti insegna come fare un certo accento) in Inghlterra.. solo uno, e si è comprato la casa più bella che esista (con tutti i soldi che sta moltitudine di inglesi che fanno glia ammericans gli dà!)

In just three seasons, House has experienced a meteoric rise in the ratings: It ranked 24th out of 115 primetime programs in its debut year, with 13 million viewers in the U.S. It jumped to 10th in 2006, with 17 million viewers, and again this year, to seventh, with 22 million.un po' di ratings... lo show è oassato da 13 a 22 milioni in questi 3 anni

Laurie thinks he understands Dr. House’s appeal.

“Though House may appear to be an abrasive and awkward and occasionally abusive companion, I think people are entertained by him. He is a game that is worth the candle. Do you have that expression over here, or are people just frowning at me? You don’t know? Okay. Dammit. How would Americans say that? He’s a character who is worth putting up with. First of all, the fact that he saves lives — that’s a pretty endearing quality. If you’re staring death in the face, it’s a very endearing quality. His honesty, his anarchy — I think these are attractive qualities, though possibly best seen at a certain remove. Maybe through a television, actually, may be the best way to view it.”hugh crede di comprendere il fascino di House. Anhe se è rude, maleducato e strano, credo che la gente ne sia divertita. E' un gioco che vale la candela. Ce l'avete qui quest'espressione?? non lo sapete?? ok... e come lo dite voi americani?? è un personaggio che vale la pena seguire. Beh, prima di tutto perchè salva vite. E se vedete la morte in faccia.. diciamo che è una buona qualità---. la sua onestà, l'anarchia.. credo siano buone qualità, anche se magari ci si prende le distanze. Ecco, forse in TV... è miglior modo di vederlo (nel senos di averci a che fare)

Laurie says he is still getting to know the character.

“I honestly don’t claim to know him well. That’s why I’m here; that’s part of the fascination, the not knowing. If one knew, if one could explain in a few sentences who this character is and what makes him tick, it would feel sort of glib, somehow. It would feel two-dimensional. Shallow, in fact. That’s three-dimensional, but very thin.”non dico di conoscerlo bene. Ecco perchè sono qui, fa parte del fascino.. il non sapere. Se lo conoscessi davvero, allora lo potrei spiegare in poche frasi, rendendolo piatto. sarebbe bidimensionale. Invece è tridimensionale, ma sottile.

When viewers last saw House, he had driven away much of his staff with his bursts of vitriol. They will all return during the coming season, though Laurie would not say when or under what circumstances.SPOILERSSSSSSSSS SE NON VOLETE LEGGERE... cmq parla del licenziamento dei daklinz, che ritorneranno anche se Hugh nn sa nè quando nè come

Laurie was awarded an Order of the British Empire earlier this year for his services to drama. Queen Elizabeth II honoured him in person at a ceremony in May. Hugh ha ricevuto l'onorficenza dalla Regina a Maggio..

“I haven’t been honoured by many queens in my life,” Laurie said. “I don’t have many things to compare it with. I went to Buckingham Palace, and I wore a set of tails. I spoke to her for about 14 seconds, which I think that’s about all you’re allowed. Which I completely understand, because she has to do 100 people in an hour, and you’ve go to keep things cracking. But it was a big thrill, a huge thrill. Of course it was. I remember my son, my middle son Bill, saying you have to be so up yourself to turn that down, and I thought that was a very good response.”beh non sono stato decorato da tante regine nella mia vita, per cui non posso fare molti paragoni. Sono andato a Buckingham Palace (con quella bella macchina che sappiamo..) tutto vestito bene. Le ho parlatro per tpo 14 secondi, che è il massimo credo concesso, anche perchè deve vedere 100 persone in un'ora, e bisogna fare in fretta. ma ero molto, molto emozionato. Ovviamente. Mi ricordo che mio figlio Bill mi ha detto: eri talmente all'altezza (e detto a lui il discorso nn fa na piega...) che nn potevi rifiutare.. (si insomma, suo figlio gli ha detto bravo papà te lo sei meritato). E questa credo sia una bella risposta...

Of course, had it been Dr. House himself, things might have turned out differently.ovviamente le cose cn il Dr House forse sarebbero andate diversamente..

Asked if he were to spend a day with Dr. House, what they might do together, Laurie replied: “Probably not spend a day together.”vorrebbe Hugh passare una giornata con House, e che farebbero?? No, nn ci passerei la giornata
:
EMMA THOMPSON is desperate to land a role in U.S. series HOUSE alongside her ex-boyfriend HUGH LAURIE. Thompson, who is married to fellow British star Greg Wise, dated Laurie in the early 1980s and the pair remain close pals. And the actor is keen to have his former love appear in his hit TV series. He says, "She (Thompson) genuinely does watch it. It obviously goes out in a different season in the U.K. but she does follow the show and likes it very much and would love to be on it." But Laurie insists he won't use his celebrity status to command cameo appearances from his wide circle of celebrity pals. He adds, "Obviously I would never feel I was in a position to treat this as some sort of club, where I can have... 'Oh, just mention my name. They'll let you in.'" Emma thompson, come già detto, vorrebbe fare un epi di H, e Hugh ne sarebbe felice. "lo guarda, so che lo guarda, anche se in Inghilterra va in onda in periodi diversi, ma lo guarda. Ma insiste anche che non userà la sua influenza per far recitare i suoi amici. "non mi metterei mai nella posizione di farlo diventare una specie di club, dove posso dire: dì che ti mando io.. e ti fanno entrare!

Ragazzuoli, come sempre.. enjoy, buona notte e fate i bravi! :AngelStar09:

Web  Top
robyn511
view post Posted on 5/8/2007, 08:23

Che uomo il nostro Hugh...sempre cordiale,sempre modesto....un vero gentleman!! :rolleyes: :wub:

e come sempre.....GRAZIE Moky ! :AngelStar14:

view post Posted on 5/8/2007, 17:59

direttore dell'ospedale

Group:
Cuddy Fan

Già è proprio un amore di uomo!!! :WhiteHeart00: E poi che amore il figlio orgoglioso di lui!! Come si può non esserlo???

Grazie moky per la traduzione!!! :Azzurro05:

Minic@t
view post Posted on 6/8/2007, 07:40

Io un'idea per Emma nella serie ce l'avrei..altro che cameo...

faby63
view post Posted on 6/8/2007, 09:50

Super grazie per la traduzione, Moky!!!! :AngelStar16:

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 11/8/2007, 10:45

Artciolo parecchio interessante di per sè, che nomina anche House:

Could a tale like Harry Potter's work on the small screen?

Jane Espenson, a former "Buffy" writer who's now penning scripts for "Battlestar Galactica," has written a typically thoughtful piece for The New Republic on why many sci-fi/fantasy TV shows fail despite the fact that such fare does well on the big screen and in book form, as the Harry Potter sales numbers have proven.

There is a way to get fantastical fare onto the small screen -- by structuring it as a Hero's Journey, she says.

"It's told over and over again, and it works, over and over again," Espenson writes in her article. "Dorothy Gale, Buffy Summers, Harry Potter, Charlie Bucket, Luke Skywalker, even Peter Parker, they all fit a very specific pattern. They're living a life, sometimes a fine one, often a troubled one, but certainly one governed by ordinary rules, when suddenly the curtain is pulled back and a whole new world, or a new set of rules of this world, is revealed. And what's more - and this is the important part - in that new world, they are something special. They are The Chosen One."

She has a point. "Heroes," anyone?

Espenson eloquently explains why Harry Potter's Chosen One journey fits into a paradigm that readers, moviegoers and TV watchers have responded to with great enthusiasm over the millennia. But I think she makes an excellent larger point -- namely, that sometimes what's most interesting about a tale is disguised or hidden or deliberately lodged under the surface.

Yes, Harry Potter's story follows an eventful, epic battle of good vs. evil -- but underneath that, it's a textbook example of the Chosen One tale. And many TV shows similarly have an interesting, well-told "cover story" -- and a subtext that's just as intriguing, if not more intriguing.

This "TV disguise" is actually something I've thought about a lot -- many of the cleverest shows on TV use it to great effect.

For instance, I think "Battlestar Galactica" isn't just a satisfying tale of survivors on the run from extermination. It is that, on one level, but wrapped inside that overall structure is a meditation on governing, power, the tension between the military and civilians and an exploration of what human beings will do to each other -- and for each other -- when the "normal" restrictions of human society are taken away.

Likewise, I've always thought "House" is really a weekly ethics seminar. What is moral behavior? What constitutes brutal disregard for others and what constitutes selfless adherence to well-defined ideals? What's the definition of violating a person's individual rights, and when is it OK to ignore those rights in order to save a life? Those kinds of discussions and arguments between House and his staff, or House and Wilson, could be taking place in a graduate philosophy seminar. Lucky for us they take place within a tightly constructed mystery story.

"The Sopranos"? A gangster's tale, to be sure, but also a deeply resonant examination of materialism and what the definition of manhood is in the 21st century.

Would you believe that I think "Deadwood" is, on one level, a treatise on government as well? After all, if you put aside the boozing and the swearing and so forth, the show's really about how people on the edge of a lawless frontier choose to rule themselves.

And way back in the day, I used to think "Grey's Anatomy" was an interesting take on how friendship and ambition collided. Now I'm not sure what it's about, except about how desperate TV writers often seem to be driven by a desire to make their characters as illogical, unlikable and inconsistent as possible. AH AH AH!!

I've often thought that the smartest TV writers find an idea or a set of challenging ideas that they want to explore, and then find a TV-friendly format that will allow them to do that.

After all, a TV executive who gets a pitch on "a weekly morality seminar" is pretty likely to pass. "A cranky but charismatic doctor saves lives in an unorthodox way" -- sold!

And nobody would buy a series that's more or less centered on the possibility of redemption for past sins -- if it were pitched that way. Well, maybe a cable network would go for that.

But the "Lost" guys probably played up the polar-bear/love-triangle/adventure stuff a bit more in their pitch meeting with ABC. And I can't say I blame them.

Fonte

Thinkpink
view post Posted on 11/8/2007, 12:40

che articoli interessanti!! Emma...un altro mito...sto già tifando per lei...e sono d'accordo con Minic@t sulla parte che le affiderei :rolleyes:

view post Posted on 11/8/2007, 13:29

.... PUNCTURE!!!!! I WISH I WERE CARMEN ELECTRA..... zio Griss & My Baby forever!

Group:

Jane Espenson, a former "Buffy" writer who's now penning scripts for "Battlestar Galactica," has written a typically thoughtful piece for The New Republic on why many sci-fi/fantasy TV shows fail despite the fact that such fare does well on the big screen and in book form, as the Harry Potter sales numbers have proven. Jane Espenson, prima stava a Buffy ora scrive per battlestar galactica, ha scritto quache pensierino sul The New Repubblic..

There is a way to get fantastical fare onto the small screen -- by structuring it as a Hero's Journey, she says.

"It's told over and over again, and it works, over and over again," Espenson writes in her article. "Dorothy Gale, Buffy Summers, Harry Potter, Charlie Bucket, Luke Skywalker, even Peter Parker, they all fit a very specific pattern. They're living a life, sometimes a fine one, often a troubled one, but certainly one governed by ordinary rules, when suddenly the curtain is pulled back and a whole new world, or a new set of rules of this world, is revealed. And what's more - and this is the important part - in that new world, they are something special. They are The Chosen One."è stato detto e ridetto, e funziona sempre: harry Potter and company van bene per un certo tipo di schema. Vivono un certo tipo di vita, magari un po' travagliata, ma governata da normali regole... e poi colpo si scena, apriti sesamo e si spalanca un mondo nuovo.. o comunque nuove regole.. un mondo con con qualcosa di speciale, perchè loro sono i Prescelti

She has a point. "Heroes," anyone?

Espenson eloquently explains why Harry Potter's Chosen One journey fits into a paradigm that readers, moviegoers and TV watchers have responded to with great enthusiasm over the millennia. But I think she makes an excellent larger point -- namely, that sometimes what's most interesting about a tale is disguised or hidden or deliberately lodged under the surface.ci spiega come HP e il suo viaggio calzino in un paradigma che i lettori e gli spettatori gradiscono molto

Yes, Harry Potter's story follows an eventful, epic battle of good vs. evil -- but underneath that, it's a textbook example of the Chosen One tale. And many TV shows similarly have an interesting, well-told "cover story" -- and a subtext that's just as intriguing, if not more intriguing.la vita di HP è un susseguirsi della battaglia fra il bene e il male.. ed è un esempio del Prescelto.. così come molti TF

This "TV disguise" is actually something I've thought about a lot -- many of the cleverest shows on TV use it to great effect.

For instance, I think "Battlestar Galactica" isn't just a satisfying tale of survivors on the run from extermination. It is that, on one level, but wrapped inside that overall structure is a meditation on governing, power, the tension between the military and civilians and an exploration of what human beings will do to each other -- and for each other -- when the "normal" restrictions of human society are taken away.e iniziamo l'elenco... che non è solo il bel racconto di spravvissuti che scampano ad uno sterminio.. lo è ad un certo livello.. ma insita nella struttura c'è la la mediazione sul governare il potere, la tensione fra i militari e i civili e l'esplorazione su cosa possono fare gli esseri umani ai loro simili.. e per i loro simili, quando la normali restrizioni della società vengono tolte.

Likewise, I've always thought "House" is really a weekly ethics seminar. What is moral behavior? What constitutes brutal disregard for others and what constitutes selfless adherence to well-defined ideals? What's the definition of violating a person's individual rights, and when is it OK to ignore those rights in order to save a life? Those kinds of discussions and arguments between House and his staff, or House and Wilson, could be taking place in a graduate philosophy seminar. Lucky for us they take place within a tightly constructed mystery story. <b>come del resto, ho sempre pensato di House... che è un seminario di etica settimanale. Che significa "comportarsi moralmente"?? che cosa costituisce il brutale menefreghismo nei confronti degli altri e cosa costituisce l'aderenza al proprio io pper seguire ideali ben definiti?? qual è la definizione di "violazione degli altrui diritti", e quando tutto va bene per salvare una vita? discussioni del genere potrebbero benissimo venire affrontate in un seminario di filosofia. Per nostra fortuna ce le hanno messe all'interno di una ben costruita "mystery story"

"The Sopranos"? A gangster's tale, to be sure, but also a deeply resonant examination of materialism and what the definition of manhood is in the 21st century.i soprano?? TF di mafia,... ma anche un esame sul materialismo e su cosa sia l'umanità oggi

Would you believe that I think "Deadwood" is, on one level, a treatise on government as well? After all, if you put aside the boozing and the swearing and so forth, the show's really about how people on the edge of a lawless frontier choose to rule themselves.ci credereste che "deadwood" sia, ad un certo livello, un trattato sul governo?? eh si perchè se togliete le sbronze e le sparatorie, rimangono comunque uomini che hanno scelto la legge della frontiera come regola

And way back in the day, I used to think "Grey's Anatomy" was an interesting take on how friendship and ambition collided. Now I'm not sure what it's about, except about how desperate TV writers often seem to be driven by a desire to make their characters as illogical, unlikable and inconsistent as possible. ed ora veniamo a GA.. prima pensavo che fosse una visione interessante su come l'amicizia e l'ambizione potessero "collidere" (scontrarsi fra di loro..). Ora non lo so più.. non so più di che si tratti se non un tentativo da parte di scenggiatori disperati di rendere i loro personaggi i più illogici, antipatici, e inconsistenti possibili

I've often thought that the smartest TV writers find an idea or a set of challenging ideas that they want to explore, and then find a TV-friendly format that will allow them to do that.

After all, a TV executive who gets a pitch on "a weekly morality seminar" is pretty likely to pass. "A cranky but charismatic doctor saves lives in an unorthodox way" -- sold! ho sempre pensato che prima brillanti sceneggiatori avessero brillanti idee, e poi che una TV qualunque gliele facesse realizzare.. "un dottore scorbutico ma carismatico che salva vite??" venduto!

And nobody would buy a series that's more or less centered on the possibility of redemption for past sins -- if it were pitched that way. Well, maybe a cable network would go for that. e nessuno punterebbe su una serie che non parlasse redenzione dai peccati precedenti.. beh forse lo farebbe una TV via cavo

But the "Lost" guys probably played up the polar-bear/love-triangle/adventure stuff a bit more in their pitch meeting with ABC. And I can't say I blame them.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/8/2007, 22:21

Group:

THE SUN fa un po' di conti in tasca a Hugghino... maggiori info qui

HOUSE star Hugh Laurie could be splashing out on a few pairs of high-waisted trousers after becoming one of America's highest-paid TV stars. la star di H Hugh Laurie potrebbe spassarsela essendo uno degli attori più pagati..

Though the Brit actor doesn't earn as much as dodgy trouser-loving music mogul Simon Cowell - who rakes in $45million a year for American Idol and other shows - Hugh is still riding high in the list of top telly earners.anche se non guadagna come Simon Cowell (45 mln con America Idol all'anno.. alla faccia.. in euro fa circa una quarantina di milioni.. meco...mplimento!

Former Blackadder comedian Hugh, 48, comes third in the list of primetime actors to bag a nice cheque each month for his role as the doctor with plenty of patients but no patience in medi-drama House.ex attore di BA, Hugh è il terzo nella lista degli attori di TF del prime time che si cuccano un bell'assegnino cospicuo

For each episode of the show, the ex Jeeves And Wooster star trousers $300,000 (£150,000) for his portrayal of the disinterested doc Gregory House.per ogni episodio guadagna 300 mila dollari (fatevi i conti per 24 quanto fa..sono più o meno 290 mila euro, migliaio più migliaio meno)

Hugh said House's grumpiness was the key to his success: "My theory is that we all wish we could have a bit of House's personality in our lives.

"To watch someone who's free of that gravity - of caring what people think - you're watching somebody who's flying. Hugh ha detto che l'essere scorbutico è la chiave del successo (del personaggio) "la mia teoria è che tutti vorremo avere un po' della personalità di H nelle nostre vite".. e vedere qualcuno che è libero dalla gravità- di temere il giudizio degli altri- è guardare qualcuno che vola..

"He doesn't have that weight."

In a report by US magazine TV Guide, here's what the stars earn per episode:facciamo un po' di conti (metto solo il corrispondente in euro..)

CSI's William Petersen takes home $500,000 (£250,000). circa 490 mila euro circa)

In joint second place is Scrubbs' Zach Braff, Law & Order's Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni and Two And A Half Men's Charlie Sheen, who pocket $350,000 (£175,000) for their shows. più mo meno 345/350 mila euro)

Then comes Hugh with his $300,000 (£150,000) for House.

Next on the list is Patrick Dempsey with $225,000 (£112,500) each time he appears in Grey's Anatomy.circa 220 mila iuro

Fifth on the list is Desperate Housewives pin-up Eva Longoria, who snaffles $200,000 (£100,000) for each show. circa 190/95 mila)

Hugh's fellow Brit Joely Richardson bags $90,000 (£45,000) for each Nip/Tuck. più o meno 85 mila

But the biggest earners reside elsewhere on the small screen. ma chi guadagna di più nn sn attori

Chat show queen Oprah Winfrey banks an ice-cold $260million (£130million) a year. oprah winfrey (presentatrice TV) guadagna 260 milioni all'anno.. in euro fa circa 255 milioni.. oddio mi gira già la testa

Next is Cowell with his cool $45million (£22.5million) salary.poi c'è Simon Cowell

Then there's Judge Judy who gets $30million (£15million) a year.e poi c'è il giudice Judy

But next time you see Hugh we're sure any drinks will be on the Housema state pure tranquilli che la prox volta che incontrerete Hugh, da bere lo offrirà lui (con simpatico gioco di parole it's on the House/House m.d.)

Web  Top
250 replies since 25/4/2007, 22:37   4688 views