News Band from TV

« Older   Newer »
LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/8/2006, 19:00

Leggete!!

Link

Hugh Laurie (“House”) and James Denton ("Desperate Housewives”) will not be onstage accepting any Emmys on Sunday.

I know, I know. Don't get me started on the whole stupid nominations voting debaucle again.

But that won’t stop these actors from hopping onstage at TV Guide’s Emmy bash later that night.

Both guys actually play in a band called Battle of the Network Stars that includes founder Greg Grunberg (“Alias", “Heroes”), Michael “Fish” Herring, Bob Guiney (ABC's “The View”), Bonnie Somerville (“NYPD Blue”), along with real professional musicians Barry Sarna, Brad Savage, Chris Kelly, and Rich Winer.

Word is that other “surprise celebrity guests are expected to take to the stage” with BNS. Nothing like a little celebrity Karoake to spice up a party.

I’m betting on Felicity Huffman (who's been known to cut loose at a few parties) and a few other Housewives to join their plumber pal Jamie. Alfre Woodard, perhaps?

Maybe even a few "Alias" alums, like Jennifer Garner and Victor Garber? How about "House" co-stars Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison or Jesse Spencer?

The BNS act won’t go on until after Pink has gotten the TV Guide party started at Social Hollywood, the site of the first Emmys in 1949.

By then, everyone there should be ready for just about anything.

Thinkpink
view post Posted on 25/8/2006, 19:57

Adoro quei due :wub: fanno la differenza nella band...Hugh poi alla tastiera...con le sue mosse, le fossette e...beh lo sapete...qundo è tutto concentrato......*stump*..ops! caduta dalla sedia!

MAYASAN1
view post Posted on 25/8/2006, 22:43

CITAZIONE (Thinkpink @ 25/8/2006, 20:57)
Adoro quei due :wub: fanno la differenza nella band...Hugh poi alla tastiera...con le sue mosse, le fossette e...beh lo sapete...qundo è tutto concentrato......*stump*..ops! caduta dalla sedia!

...coraggio Think, coraggio..prova ad aiutarti col bastone... :Azzurro07:
..ehm..scusa...ma me l'hai messa lì :lol:

...comunque..non sapevo che il fondatore della band fosse Grunberg!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/8/2006, 22:45

zi zi, la cosa è nata a scopo di beneficenza per il figlio mi pare...o almeno ( 16:9 ) dissero così.

Thinkpink
view post Posted on 26/8/2006, 08:41

CITAZIONE (MAYASAN1 @ 25/8/2006, 23:43)
...coraggio Think, coraggio..prova ad aiutarti col bastone... :Azzurro07:
..ehm..scusa...ma me l'hai messa lì :lol:

..incasso Maya ^_^ quando ce vò ce vò eh..? :)

ma l'hai visto? :wub: l'ho pure postato tra i feticci della gals :rolleyes:

maritahouse
view post Posted on 30/8/2006, 21:32

Ecco un altro sulla band: Usa today

LOS ANGELES — James Denton is on guitar. Hugh Laurie mans the keyboards. And Greg Grunberg is wailing on drums.
Give me a ticket for an aeroplane

Ain't got time to take a fast train

Lonely days are gone

I'm a goin' home

My baby, she wrote me ...

"Whoa," Grunberg says. Everyone stops. The timing isn't quite right. "Let's take it from the chorus," he says, and they try The Letter again.

Grunberg, a veteran of Alias and Felicity, has a new fall show on NBC called Heroes. Denton is on ABC's Desperate Housewives, and Laurie is the star of Fox's House.

The name of the group: Band From TV.

With them are Grunberg's friends: guitarists Rich Winer and Chris Kelly, keyboardist Barry Sarna and bass player Brad Savage. Lead singers for the band are Bachelor Bob Guiney and Bonnie Somerville, fresh from Kitchen Confidential.

It's hot inside the Sound Arena rehearsal room, tucked back in a block of empty buildings. The air conditioning doesn't seem to be on. But they're playing hard, singing strong.

"It's a dream," Somerville says, plopping down on an old couch in the rehearsal studio for a Blackberry check and a swig of water. She just belted out Hit Mewith Your Best Shot. This band doesn't do original work; it's all about crowd pleasers.

"Everyone gets to do their favorite songs. It's like a high school band," Somerville says.

And it's all Grunberg's creation.

The band started a few years ago when the actor was asked to play at the House of Blues with a couple of celebrities. When he saw the interest it generated, he decided that putting a band together would be a great way to raise money.

Then he appeared in an episode of House and met Laurie. And later on he did some charity events with Denton and Guiney, and added Somerville soon after.

Among the group's gigs: TV Guide's Emmy party Sunday at Social Hollywood, a club in L.A. (Future dates will be posted at bandfromtv.net.)

Just before the set, Denton was slightly nervous about his performance in front of such a packed house. "We're just sort of having fun," he said.

And trying to help out.

"My oldest son (Jake, 10) has epilepsy, and I've got this charity — the Pediatric Epilepsy Project," Grunberg says during a break in the rehearsal. "I didn't start it, but I joined them, and it raises money for UCLA's pediatric neurology department."

Jake had his first seizure before he turned 7, Grunberg says. Life for the family — wife Elizabeth and sons Ben, 6, and Sam, 2 — became a "roller coaster," he says. Jake has had seizures at Disneyland, at the breakfast table and on the first day of school.

With a "cocktail" of medications and an emergency medicine called Diastat AcuDial, Jake is "almost a black belt in karate and plays baseball. He does all the things a normal kid would do," Grunberg says.

But a cure still needs to be found, so Grunberg is doing all he can to draw attention to the problem. His band, he figures, is a good way to get big donations. As the group has become more well known, "suddenly corporations are calling, and we've got all these gigs lined up. And we won't play for anything less than a tremendous amount of money."

He says he recently demanded — and got — $200,000.

"I couldn't believe it," he says.

Laurie says the bulk of his share — the money is split among band members evenly — probably will go to Save the Children.

Denton says he'll give his money to Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone, Mont., and Cure Autism Now.

But Denton doesn't expect to drop acting for a career in music anytime soon.

"Music is fun. It's a great hobby, and I've strummed for years. But I'm not a musician," he says. "I'm happy to stay in my comfort zone."

When he sings Garth Brooks' Papa Loved Mama and Laurie tells him he was "great," a modest Denton says, "Well, thank you."

"Jamie's smokin'!" says Guiney, who has a band of his own called Fat Amy. He is married to Rebecca Budig, an actress on All My Children he met after his Bachelor stint.

Laurie, dancing and making faces, is the clown of the rehearsal. He tells Grunberg he wasn't sure of what songs they were going to be playing.

"I went to iTunes and downloaded all songs in C major," Laurie cracks.

So, which is more fun for him — this or House?

"I'm a miserable person, the sort of person who finds whatever he's not doing more fun," he says. "The grass is always greener."

Then he grins.

But Grunberg is ever optimistic about the band: "What we lack in (musical talent), we make up for in fun."

He says to look for the CD they'll put out soon. It'll be called Hogging All the Covers.

Laurie, dancing and making faces, is the clown of the rehearsal

mamma mia... a poter sta li... :lol: :woot:

ecco il Link

amy leigh
view post Posted on 2/12/2006, 16:33

...quant'è carinoooooooooooooo

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/6/2007, 10:02

Articolo da TVGuide dedicato alla Band from Tv, in cui suona come tastierista Hugh, e alla prossima pubblicazione del loro cd.

Tra un po' esce il loro cd, mentre per il 27 agosto è previsto concerto hollywoodiano.. andiamoci!! :shifty:

Band From TV will be gigging at Avalon in Hollywood on August 27th. From BFTV's myspace:

Band From TV

August, 27 2007 at GIG-Avalon Hollywood
1735 N. Vine St, LOS ANGELES, 90028
Cost : $50.00

Now's your chance to see Band From TV (and special guests) live in concert on Monday, August 27th at Avalon Hollywood 1735 N. Vine Street Hollywood, California 90028 Tickets are $50 for General Admission and $250 for VIP Tickets which include admission to a special post-gig VIP party with the band. The proceeds from Concert For a Cause will benefit The International Myeloma Foundation, The Art of Elysium, Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center, Guitar Center Music Foundation, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, The Pediatric Epilepsy Project at UCLA and Save the Children. Band From TV is Hugh Laurie, James Denton, Greg Grunberg, Bob Guiney, Bonnie Somerville, Chris Kelley, Bary Sarna, Larry Thomas, Bryan McCann, Brad Savage and Rich Winer. For tickets and more information, visit www.wantickets.com or call 866-WANTIXX.

Hugh will be participating in a live webchat via The Envelope (LA Times) in the near future - time and date to be determined. You must register on the forums to take part.

Edited by LaurieLo - 25/7/2007, 10:37

Doriana Luthor
view post Posted on 25/6/2007, 12:03

Oddio la webchat!!! Hugh!?! Dopo avrà bisogno di altri 10 anni di terapia!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 25/6/2007, 16:34

lo credo anch'io! Mi sa che mi iscrivo al sito...

ciux
view post Posted on 26/6/2007, 12:15

ho appena visto che laweb chat è stata cancellata perchè Hugh è troppo indaffarato...e questo giovedì parte addirittura per Londra quindi niente da fare ... :cry: :AngelStar15: :AngelStar22:

gregorylover
view post Posted on 26/6/2007, 12:35

CITAZIONE (ciux @ 26/6/2007, 13:15)
ho appena visto che laweb chat è stata cancellata perchè Hugh è troppo indaffarato...e questo giovedì parte addirittura per Londra quindi niente da fare ... :cry: :AngelStar15: :AngelStar22:

uuuh noooooo :AngelStar22:

faby63
view post Posted on 26/6/2007, 13:35

L'ideale sarebbe che Hugh avesse il dono dell'ubiquita'... :D

view post Posted on 26/6/2007, 13:44

direttore dell'ospedale

Group:
Cuddy Fan

Parte per Londra???? Bè allora deve fare una capatina a Roma la prox settimana!!!! Vero Hugh che vieni a trovarci? :AngelStar25: :Azzurro10: Verooooo???

83 replies since 25/8/2006, 19:00   2224 views