Group:
Researcher

Inside the (Odd) Mind Of Hugh Laurie

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2009/04/hugh-laurie.html

troppo British...

troppo e basta! :P

l'ombrello non è servito..... :lol: :lol:
:Cactus12:

non riesco a ricaricarle tutte...dunque preparatevi prima di cliccare sul link :AngelStar24: ..... :WhiteHeart00:

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/slideshows...ie.html?index=1

nella home page trovate anche un video dalla promozione di MvA ... ma occhio che è un POCO SPOILER sul season finale di House.....
http://www.parade.com/index.html

quasi dimenticavo... un mega grazie a MaryKir per il link!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

E per chi fosse interessato, è in vendita ''solo'' la domenica (esce il 5 Aprile infatti) con alcuni quotidiani (io ne ho uno vecchiotto che era con il Sunday qualcosa....) ... unica è cercarlo su ebay.... buona caccia!!

Web Contacts  Top
lasc
view post Posted on 4/4/2009, 12:12

Graziee!! ho già messo una foto in firma... posso no?

view post Posted on 4/4/2009, 13:11

primario

Group:
Researcher

:AngelStar21: ---- rischiamo un infarto ogni volta.... :P :P :P ;) bellissima.. hai messo proprio la migliore.... :AngelStar12:

Web Contacts  Top
lasc
view post Posted on 4/4/2009, 14:23

si infatti!.. xd:P

mersil
view post Posted on 4/4/2009, 20:10

Belleeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Mi piacciono molto!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 5/4/2009, 09:27

CITAZIONE (m-ouse @ 4/4/2009, 03:07)
E per chi fosse interessato, è in vendita ''solo'' la domenica (esce il 5 Aprile infatti) con alcuni quotidiani (io ne ho uno vecchiotto che era con il Sunday qualcosa....) ... unica è cercarlo su ebay.... buona caccia!!

mi ricodo i casini per trovare il parade con su jd morgan, in effetti. il problema di questo giornale, almeno fino all'anno scorso quando ho preso la copia jdiana, è che è quadrato, è sottilissimo e non è patinato, insomma: si piega tutto e si rovina in un attimo! Ma anche se le foto non sono lucide, sono veramente bellisisme!!!

il resto delle foto le metto in "Foto & immagini", mentre qui sotto trovate l'articolo.

GRAZIE M-OUSE!!!

Inside the (Odd) Mind Of Hugh Laurie
by Jeanne Wolf
Publication Date: 04/05/2009

It’s raining in Los Angeles, yet Hugh Laurie arrives at the trendy Chateau Marmont Hotel on his motorcycle. He comes in wearing a leather jacket and carrying his helmet.

“In London, we’d consider this a beautiful day,” says Laurie, who plays the cantankerous Dr. Gregory House on the hit Fox series House. He runs his hands through his mussed hair, only to mess it up a bit more. “You’d better hope I came on my bike. If I was wearing this helmet in a car, you’d think I was a timid driver.

“Riding my motorcycle around L.A. is like my own video game,” he admits. “But unlike many folks at the wheel, I am occupied with getting where I’m going and keeping myself safe. Most people are applying makeup, texting, and checking out the beauty in the next car.”

Does he ever get frightened on busy streets?

“Oh, those things never bother me,” Laurie says. “I’m reasonably easygoing. Messing up my lines or making a fool of myself is where you find my fears. Like a lot of English people, I’m prey to embarrassment—the dread that everyone’s sort of sniggering at you, that you’re going to look like an idiot. I think that sort of halts us all.”

Hugh Laurie might just be the ultimate pessimist. You don’t have to talk with him very long to realize that he goes through life seeing his glass as half-empty. Want to shake him up and unsettle his elegant and polite English reserve? Just give him a compliment. Praise absolutely unglues him.

How well do you know House? Take the quiz

When I mention his great gift for humor, Laurie responds, “See, I don’t think of myself as funny. I think of myself as rather grave, actually. And I’m suspicious of fun. I never quite know what that is or how to deal with it or how to generate it. That’s my fault. I know it’s a burden on the people I’m with. It’s tiresome.”

The 49-year-old star has already won two Golden Globes and been nominated for three Emmys. He’s even called a sex symbol. In 2007, he beat out a pack of hunky younger actors for a Teen Choice Award.

Laurie describes all this praise as “a kind of torture.” His small-screen alter ego, Dr. House, would probably surmise that this fear of public approval is rooted in his upbringing. Laurie agrees.

“Humility was considered a great virtue in my family household,” he says. “No show of complacency or self-satisfaction was ever tolerated. Patting yourself on the back was definitely not encouraged, and pleasure or pride would be punishable by death.”

Laurie’s father was a respected doctor. He died in 1998. Hugh is open about the fact that he wishes his dad could have seen what he’s achieved. “I hope he would be very proud,” the actor says quietly. “But I’ve made a lot more money as a fake doctor than my father ever did for all his hard work.”

Laurie’s mother, who died before he was 30, raised four children. Hugh was the youngest by years and felt separated by the age difference. “I looked up to my brother and sisters because they were so much older,” he says. “They seem to be rather more grounded—well, wiser. To me, they had all the answers. I felt I was the only one who had problems.” He leans way back in his chair to give himself time to think. “Their version of things is that it was all ice cream for me,” he says. “I don’t know which of us is right.

“I was pretty much on my own,” Laurie continues. “Like many children who still haven’t found their place, I developed a vivid fantasy life, which accompanies me still.” He laughs. “What would I do without it?”

That gift of fantasy drew him to entertaining. At Cambridge University, he began to polish his skill as a performer, which led to his teaming successfully with a pal, actor and author Stephen Fry. He did a few TV comedies in England, then got into films. You’ll recognize him as the dad in all three Stuart Little movies. Laurie also has a rock band and writes novels. Fame has brought other perks, such as starring as the voice of Dr. Cockroach in the current animated film Monsters vs. Aliens. Laurie jokes about getting the part. “I can imagine the scenario,” he says. “‘We have a cockroach. Who are we going to get to play it? I’ve got it! Hugh Laurie.’”

But it was landing the lead role in House in 2004 that made Laurie a household name. When he moved to Los Angeles to film the series, his three children were at an age when changing schools could have been disruptive. So his wife, daughter, and two sons stayed in England and have made frequent plane trips back and forth. Though Laurie has only great things to say about Jo Green, his wife of almost 20 years, he is adept at wriggling away from conversation about his family. They’ve let him know that it’s embarrassing when he reveals too much.

He has, however, spoken frankly about his battle with depression, for which he sought help in 1996.

“I wish I’d kept my mouth shut about that,” Laurie says. “That’s an example of me throwing open the doors and trusting—and then coming downstairs and finding the TV is gone. Now an undue weight has been given to this aspect of my life.

“I don’t like to be thought of as this guy who has nothing else to talk about except how miserable my lot was,” Laurie continues. “And, of course, people respond to that in peculiar ways: ‘He’s incredibly fortunate and blessed. What the hell does he have to moan about?’ I remember watching Mel Gibson on some show once, and he was being asked about his belief in the afterlife. Gibson said, ‘Well, I can’t believe this is all there is.’ And I thought, ‘Wait a minute. You’re Mel Gibson. You have millions of dollars. You’re a great-looking chap with every conceivable blessing that could be bestowed upon a man. And that’s not good enough?’ So you can see why I’m hesitant to talk about any trivial pain I have. I find myself going, ‘Oh, for God’s sake, Hugh. Pull yourself together.’

How well do you know House? Take the quiz

“On the other hand,” Laurie adds, “I do know depression is a disease. It’s a matter of pride for the people who work on House that we have aligned ourselves with the National Alliance on Mental Illness. We’ve brought some attention to the cause. Funny enough, it is the last great taboo—something people still don’t want to talk about.”

All this awareness hasn’t chased away Laurie’s self-deprecating attitude.

“I suppose I’m trying to exorcise something by anticipating disaster,” he says. “Perhaps I am encouraging the gods to go easy on me, because I have already done it to myself. So they don’t need to add or put their boot in. I’ve tasted the worst before it’s happened.”

How does someone who gives himself so little sympathy accept and give love? Laurie doesn’t have a quick comeback.

“I simply don’t know,” he finally replies. “I need to spend many more thousands of dollars on psychotherapy to actually come up with an answer to that. It’s a good question.”

I had to ask what his kids think about his consistent expressions of self-doubt.

“My children put up with me,” he says. “They are well aware of my peculiar ways. Thank heavens they haven’t caught my dreary outlook. For them, I am a cautionary tale. They look at me and say, ‘The hell with it. I’m not going to live that way.’ Good for them. I’ll tell you the one extreme pleasure I admit to—praising them. My children are actually perfect.”

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 19/4/2009, 14:54

Gli scan dell'articolo, grazie a TheOdi.

7 replies since 4/4/2009, 02:01   79 views