Auction su ebay del bastone di House!, Per una buona causa

« Older   Newer »
LaurieLo
view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 13:01

Hugh Laurie e la produzione di House hanno messo all'asta il bastone di House a scopi benefici!

user posted image

user posted image

Win Hugh's cane from House!

Item is for auction on ebay

Andrea Rosenthal, the Event Director of the Zeke Lerner Celebrity Bowl-a-thon contacted me (and perhaps other Hugh/House websites at the suggestion of Garrett Lerner, a writer/producer of House) to ask if I would post information about this special auction item to benefit Garrett's son Zeke, who suffers from Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

I was more than happy to post the information and do what I can to help. It's a great, great item for any Hugh or House fan, but most of all, it's for a very worthy cause. If the price of the item is too steep for some, perhaps we can join together and make a donation as a group to this very worthy cause.

Here is Garrett's write up:

ITEM DESCRIPTION

The stars and producers of House have teamed up to bring you a very unique opportunity to acquire a one of a kind, museum quality piece of television memorabilia...

The original cane used by Hugh Laurie in the pilot and Season 1 of House.

The cane is signed, and it's set in a box frame, along with an autographed photo, and a handwritten note from Hugh on his own personal stationary that reads...

"I hereby certify that this cane is an authentic replica of the one I broke like a klutz - and that this was used in Season 1 of House for humorous and dramatic purposes."

A quick note on the oxymoron "authentic replica" - many fans may already know the story as Hugh wrote about it in TV Guide. Before filming the pilot, Hugh picked out the perfect cane for the character of House back in London. When he showed up on set with it, the producers were nervous because they didn't have any doubles of this unique cane. What if something should happen to it? Hugh quipped that they don't have any doubles of him either, assuring them the cane would be fine. Three days later, he left it under a hydraulic door and the one of a kind cane was no more. The highly skilled art department went to work immediately, handcrafting a perfect match to the perfect, no longer one of a kind cane. It looked identical, but was a bit sturdier (and heavier) than the original - made with a steel rod up the center to protect against further incidents. Well, that "authentic replica" is this cane...and it was subsequently used to finish filming the pilot, and then throughout season one.

Eventually, the reinforced cane became too heavy and Hugh has switched to a slightly less perfect, albeit much lighter cane, as the show moved into season two. That is why this cane is now available.

A final note:

Co-Executive Producer Garrett Lerner has arranged this auction in honor of his son Zeke who suffers from a rare disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This horrible neuromuscular disease is progressive, robbing children of their ability to walk, to stand, and eventually to even breathe. All proceeds from this auction will go to Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a charity dedicated to finding a cure. Go to fsma.org to learn more. Families of SMA: Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy

view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 13:39

.... PUNCTURE!!!!! I WISH I WERE CARMEN ELECTRA..... zio Griss & My Baby forever!

Group:
Head of International Medicine

solo HL e la produzione potevano fare un gesto così... lo dicevo io che erano delle ottime persone..

Web  Top
Doriana Luthor
view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 17:19

Divertente la storia della "copia autentica". tongue.gif

view post Posted on 14/12/2005, 17:28

.... PUNCTURE!!!!! I WISH I WERE CARMEN ELECTRA..... zio Griss & My Baby forever!

Group:
Head of International Medicine

ovviamente HL ha una calligrafia artistica... peccato che in certi punti sia incomprensibile... strano xchè sulla lavagna scrive benissimo!
cmq anch'io ho riso alla storia dell'authentic replica ... (da notare che replica x loro è copia.. x noi invece è una cosa ripetuta.. e siamo noi che abbiamo storpiato il significato!!! perchè replicante vuol dire clone, in sostanza..)

Web  Top
LaurieLo
view post Posted on 15/12/2005, 13:38

beh, la scrittura di HL la trovo bellissima!! Sicuramente 100 volte meglio di quella Di Robert Sean Leonard!!!

Edited by LaurieLo - 15/12/2005, 13:38

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 19/12/2005, 10:52

Il bastone di House ha ricevuto come final bid 8.300$!!!!!!!! Averceli!!

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 23/12/2005, 10:20

segmento sull'asta:

cane

6 replies since 14/12/2005, 13:01   391 views